Aeris, the leading Swiss air purifier company, is thrilled to announce that we have been acquired by iRobot, the leading global consumer robot company and the maker of the Roomba. This merging of Aeris’s cutting edge engineering and iRobot’s smart home technology will open the door to an innovative new future for our customers.
What’s coming next
Over the next few months, Aeris air purifiers will become fully integrated into iRobot, taking its place amongst a system of highly sophisticated home robots including the Roomba vacuum and Braava mop.
Here’s what you can expect over the coming month:
- Today, Aeris is part of iRobot, and our website stands alongside it.
- In July, the Aeris brand will complete its transition to becoming part of iRobot. The same level of engineering and design will still be part of our purifiers’ DNA, but the name and brand will now merge with iRobot.
- July will also mark the beginning of combining our technology with iRobot’s. A new iRobot air quality app will be released, smart features will be added, and more.
Looking toward the future
The aeris acquisition is about something much bigger than just air purifiers. This is about a future in which robots work together and communicate to form a cohesive home ecosystem that continuously evolves and improves. This future has been the driving vision of iRobot since its inception over three decades ago. The addition of Aeris to the iRobot team is an essential step forward towards the dream of a fully automated home.
Here is some of what we are planning for the future:
- Aeris purifiers will be working hand in hand with iRobot’s Roomba and Braava. This merging of technology will increase your home’s ability to clean itself and improve the efficiency of each device.
- The maps that the Roomba vacuum creates as it cleans your home will be sent to your air purifier, maximizing both devices’ ability to target and clean specific areas.
- The app will continue to evolve as our robots become more advanced and integrated. Upcoming features will include recommendations based on historical data and outdoor air quality and more complex automations and additional customizations, eventually paving the way for advanced whole home monitoring.
Aeris air purifiers have been meticulously designed by skilled engineers in order to achieve the highest level of air purification. Our Certified HEPA filters are third-party tested to effectively remove particles at 0.1 microns and above.
Each aeris purifier has been designed to:
- Remove dust, pollen, dander, and many other airborne particles
- Keep your air clean without releasing extra pollutants like ozone
- Include an array of smart features, including a built in display and the ability to monitor air quality on the device
You can read more about our technology here.
aeris was started in 2017 by visionaries who realized the crucial role that clean air plays in our health and quality of life. After witnessing firsthand the devastation caused by poor air quality, they saw the pressing need for an air purification system designed to work in even the world’s most polluted cities.
Together with award-winning engineers, the founders reengineered filter materials and iterated hundreds of designs to create a machine with the cleanest and most powerful airflow on the market.
Nearly 5 years later, our purifiers have won numerous awards and been featured in highly respected publications including The New York Times, Business Insider, and Buzzfeed. Today, thousands of people around the world rely on Aeris purifiers to provide clean air for their homes and offices.
Visit aeris to learn more about the story behind our purifiers and additional details about our revolutionary new collaboration with iRobot.